Friday, May 21, 2010

The Raine Family Legacy--Gen 1, Chapter 5: My Baby Daddy


This guy is VJ Alvi, Miraj's older and much cooler brother.  He just became Ember Raine's 8th significant other.  The poor guy...


He fell for Ember hard and fast, just like all the others.  But he wasn't just like all the others, and Ember could see that.  She could see a blackness in his heart that mirrored her own.  VJ was evil.  He also had nice skin, nice hair, and nice features.  What's not to like?


So Ember decided to do something crazy.


Really crazy.  She married VJ right there in front of her house, next the mailbox.


Then they got right to the baby-makin.


Before she knew it, Ember was puking her guts out.  This took an immense weight off of Ember's shoulders.  She had succeeded, and with time to spare.


Ummmmm, that's Miraj's bed...  (She did that on her own I swear!)


(ok, she didn't do this next part on her own, but she kept rolling wants to woohoo and hang out with Miraj, but didn't roll any for her husband.  I'm just giving her what she wants!)  You can hardly blame her for seeking comfort in Miraj, though.  VJ turned out to be a bit of a jerk.  I guess she should've known an Evil man would be, well, Evil.  But, in her defense, no one had ever really been mean to her.  She is the abuser, and has never seen the other side.  Needless to say, she didn't like it.  Miraj, on the other hand, was a complete idiot, but sweet, and charming in his own way.


Days passed, and Ember's belly got bigger.


and bigger!  Miraj was endlessly fretting over her and the baby.  He made sure she was happy and comfortable at all times.  Just as she had never been abused, Ember had also never been so cared for in all her life.  She really didn't know how to respond to such treatment.  She wasn't sure she liked it, but she didn't dislike it either, so she allowed him to fret.


All the while, VJ hadn't even noticed Ember's growing abdomen.  In all honesty, he hadn't really seen her since their wedding night.  When he wasn't working, he was at the gym, and Ember spent every night in Miraj's bed.  So when they happened to cross paths one day, VJ couldn't believe his eyes.

VJ:  "How did you get so fat??"


Ember:  "I'm pregnant with your child, you idiot!"


VJ:  "I must've lost my mind when I married you!  Really, I only did it for the easy sex, but I don't even get that."
Ember:  "Maybe you would if you were ever home!"


VJ:  "Whatever!  I know you've been sleeping with Miraj, you nasty cradle robber!"


Ember:  "At least he's not a stuck-up snob like you!  I'm glad I got pregnant the first time, I think I would've killed myself if I had to spend another night with you!"


Ember:  "It's over.  I don't need you anymore, I already got everything I wanted."


Wow...VJ looks really upset about this, doesn't he.....  (Actually he looks like he's turning to pose for the camera with that sassy smirk, lol!)


VJ:  "I would say I'm sorry but, no, no I wouldn't.  Ever."


How many times has Ember watched a man run out of her life forever?  But this time, she wasn't filled with that usual sweet satisfaction.  This time it hurt.  This time, she was angry.  This isn't how it's supposed to be.  He should be crying, hurting, but he's not.  He wont be haunted by her memory for the rest of his life, because she was meaningless to him.  She was nothing.


For a moment, the world went black, and Ember was lost.  She didn't know who she was or why she was here.  She wondered why her life revolved around hurting people.  And for the tiniest flicker of a second, she wondered if this is what Artie and Luna and the others had felt.  She was jerked from her spiraling stupor by a sharp pain in her abdomen.


The pain and the realization of her child's impending arrival was sobering and the thoughts that had raced through her mind seconds ago now seemed silly.  She brushed them away.


  Miraj was terrified, but he had prepared for this day, and he was really very helpful.


And before long, a perfect little baby boy was born, and his mother had completely forgotten her dismal imaginings.


At that moment, baby Ash Raine was Ember's only thought in the world.


5 comments:

  1. is Ember goin soft on us? i hope little Ash lives up to her standards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im afraid he randomly rolled the "good" trait at birth, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Seaweedy,
    Congratulations on the birth of Ash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the pictures and Ember makes me laugh. I hope she brings home people to feed her baby lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol She is going to end up missing VJ. They are like 2 peas in a pod!

    ReplyDelete